Independent Contractor, Outpatient Therapist
Metis Counseling, LLC
Kansas City, MO, USA
“We are a well-established group practice in the KC Northland; ideal for growing your own practice”
Job Type: Independent Contractor, outpatient therapist
Education: Master’s (Required)
License: LPC or LCSW in Missouri (preferred)
Metis Counseling is a small private practice serving kids, teens, families, and couples in the northland since 2010. Our counselors are LPCs with 15-20+ years of experience providing a variety of therapeutic services to those in need. Our group is also comprised of independent contractors working to establish themselves in the professional, private practice community.
Metis Counseling, LLC, is seeking a warm, caring, and enthusiastic therapist (LPC or LCSW) to be a part of our growing practice. Flexibility in working days, evenings, and weekends is possible. We offer a warm, friendly opportunity for you to grow with our practice both personally and professionally.
- Provide individual, couples, family or play therapy
- Provide psychoeducation to clients and their families
- Diagnosis, treatment, billing (CPT codes, ICD-10 and DSM-5)
- Provide crisis intervention services (not common)
- Represent the practice within the community in a professional manner
- Comfortable working with an electronic medical record (EMR) system
Contractor must have or be working towards an unrestricted license in the state of Missouri (LPC or LCSW). Minimum of a Master’s degree in the field of Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field is required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- This is not an entry-level position, so we require clinicians with at least two years of experience post-license
- Must be able to accept and bill insurance
- Current in-network contracts with insurance companies is a plus, but not required
- Experience conducting individual, couples and family therapy with children, adolescents, and adults with a solid foundation in therapeutic techniques is desired
- Ability to work independently to provide individual, play, couples counseling services to children, teens, couples and adults (whichever is your specialty areas)
- Based upon community and insurance referrals, we prefer a clinician with strong experience with children and/or couples
- Accreditations or certifications in a counseling specialty is a plus. Such as a Registered Play Therapist, EMDR, Gottman, EFT, etc.
- Moreover, we are seeking a clinician that is warm, empathic, and friendly, and that has the ability to build strong relationships with their clients
This is an independent contractor/1099 position that a % of payment, based upon weekly/monthly billed appointments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, CV, resume, and three references to:
Metis Counseling, LLC
7505 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway, Suite 510
Kansas City, Missouri 64153
Feel free to visit our website at www.metiscounseling.com to learn more about us.
- An established practice in the professional community
- Complete flexibility in regards to your schedule
- Consistent referrals
- Online scheduling
- EHR (electronic health record)
- A professional office space environment – including individual office, waiting room, kitchen area and bonus storage room
- Malpractice insurance for the practice
- Use of office supplies
- All overhead expenses such as rent, internet, fax, printer/copier, etc.